How our construction process works.
The Meridian approach puts all of our experience, management ability, and operational systems at your service. We’ll tailor the process to your individual needs. We can help you find a lot or build on one you already own or have identified. Likewise, we can work with plans you’ve already developed or refer you to architects whose work we know and trust. At every step, we work with craftspeople and other professionals who can meet your vision without compromising your budget.
- Professional Services Agreement: The construction of your home starts with the creation of project specifications, a budget and architectural drawings.
- Construction Agreement: Once floor plans and elevations are finalized, we’ll work together to specify the selections and options necessary to determine a final price. At this point, a contract is signed and construction begins.
- Progress Meetings: At regularly scheduled on-site meetings, our Project Managers will keep you fully informed on the progress of your home. In these timely sessions, you’ll make any remaining selections and modifications. We’ll also discuss outstanding issues and identify upcoming construction activities.
- Inspections: You will have the opportunity to see the quality behind the walls at your Pre-Drywall Inspection. You can count on us to perform a complete walkthrough of your new home before your own Pre-Occupancy Inspection.
- Move-In: Once work is finished, we will provide you with a detailed review of your project, consisting of a Pre-Occupancy Inspection to identify any items requiring our attention. At 60 days, and again at 11 months, after completion, we pay follow-up visits to identity any warrantable issues that may require further work.
- Warranty: We provide our own comprehensive Meridian Homes warranty for all of our clients, combined with manufacturers' warranties for consumer products and other items in your home. Of course, your protection will also be consistent with all of the standards required in your local jurisdiction.